- Are you an experienced Product Development Engineer with specific optoelectrics or fibre optics experience?
- Do you want to work for a leading technology solutions provider?
- Do you have expertise in providing technical design and layout with released & development products?
My client is looking for a Product Development Engineer to ensure successful launching of new products and delivery of changes as per customers requirements. They want a candidate with the ability to play an integral part to the achievement of departmental goals, establishment of guidelines, documentation, planning and development for the advancement of the department.
- The incumbent will have previous experience in defining, designing & developing Opto electronic products for extreme environment applications.
- As the Product Development Engineer you will define and develop Opto electronics testing systems & methods, optical fibre interconnects, Opto electronics manufacturing processes
- You will have sound experience of manufacturing prototype products. Performing and reporting verification testing of prototype product and transfer products from NPI to manufacturing stage.
- You will be responsible for undertaking identified aspects of the design and development of new products
- The right candidate will be expected to improve or optimise design, functionality or processing of existing products.
- You will be expected offer technical support to other departments with urgent issues relating to existing designs or testing, and to create effective solutions
- You will be responsible, when necessary to maintain and/or improve the efficiency, quality and service of the Engineering department.
- Technical engagement with customers and design partners, and on odd occasions with suppliers.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ Design & Development experience within a manufacturing environment
- Electronics Design Experience
- CAD Experience – 2D & 3D AutoCAD OR SolidWorks (Preferred)
- NPI – Ability to generate new creative ideas