Senior Cloud Engineer - Cardiff
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is seeking a Senior Cloud Engineer with proven industry experience to join our Cardiff based Engineering team. Our teams are collaborative and forward thinking; the successful candidate will help shape the operations and support for critical Windows and Linux based applications, customers and projects, working closely with Development, QA, IT Operations and Customer Operations teams. You will be required to communicate and solve problems effectively, whilst handling a fast-paced working environment. This will be combined with a transition to DevOps practises, agile support and deployment processes.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is a leading provider of innovative solutions for significant risk data analytics challenges.We use the power of data and advanced analytics to help our customers make better and timelier decisions. Our innovative solutions enable organisations to manage risks like identity theft, fraud, money laundering, terrorism and prevent ?nancial crimes and scams. By bringing clarity to information, we ultimately help make communities safer, insurance rates more accurate, commerce more transparent, business decisions easier and processes more ef?cient.
LexisNexis is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information solutions for professional customers.You can learn more about us at our website -
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you will be a leading member of our team working with a diverse range of technologies. You will enjoy working in a friendly environment and benefit from our investment in staff. The role also requires On-Call rotation for off peak hours to maintain 24/7, 365 system availability.
· Delivery of resilient application stacks via "Infrastructure as Code" and other DevOps practices.
· Monitoring and on-going support of critical, high revenue business applications.
· Diagnosis and resolution of complex system and application issues.
· Working with diverse technical and non-technical teams, including Development, QA, IT Operations, Customer Operations and Project Management teams.
· Write and maintain systems / application documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
Essential Skills and Attributes
· Configuration Management tools - e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef or equivalents.
· Professional experience of working within the public cloud - Azure, AWS or GCP.
· Hands-on experience of Linux and Windows server including support and troubleshooting.
· System and application monitoring - e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios etc.
· Familiarity with common source control tools - e.g Git, SVN
· Cloud Architecture and system design to solve key business problems and facilitate team goals.
· Strong and enthusiastic technologist, able to demonstrate a broad technical knowledge
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to act as a point of expertise, advise others in the team on best practise and impart knowledge.
· Use of orchestration tools such as Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation
· Experience migrating application from on-premises to public cloud.
· Familiarity with Blue-Green deployment methodologies.
· Continuous Integration/Delivery such as Gitlab or Jenkins.
· Experience working with containerised workloads such as Docker.
· Familiarity with Log Management tools e.g - Elastic Stack, Graylog or Splunk
· Experience working with an enterprise RDBMS such as MySQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server.
· Knowledge of change control and associated procedures.
· Use of Secret Management services e.g - Hashicorp Vault
· Familiarity with any high-level programming language.
· BSc Engineering/Computer Science or relevant experience.
· Proven background working in a technical, IT related position...... click apply for full job details