Multiple full time vacancies have arisen for individuals to join DCRail as a Train Running Controller.
The successful applicants that join our Control Centre will need to be committed to delivering a safe, reliable and on time service, whilst also ensuring that train services meet the agreed train plan both during normal operation and untoward events taking early action to minimise disruption.
- Consisting of trains utilising TOPS & TRUST.
- Compile valid train lists.
- At times of disruption, develop and specify service recovery plans.
- Maintain a daily log of all train running information and events, using the available systems in accordance with DCRail standards and policies.
- Act as the DCRail single point of contact for all train running issues.
- Compile VSTP submissions as required.
- Complete Booking On / Off for operational staff and complete relevant fatigue checks.
- At least two years previous control centre experience
- Candidates should hold a valid UK driving license
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Existing geographical knowledge of the UK Rail Network
- Safety conscious with the ability to remain calm in emergency situations
Competitive rates of pay are available and will be dependent upon experience.
If you are interested in this role, please can you send your C.V. and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure you state which role you are applying for.