You're an experienced Design Engineer, with vast knowledge of the packaging machinery, automation and robotics markets. Due to continual growth and opportunities that have arisen, we are now looking to recruit an Innovation Engineer to design and develop automated packaging systems of the future for clients around the world. We are number one in the UK for delivering bespoke automation & robotics solutions to blue chip manufacturers. These are premium products; we need a premium level Innovation Engineer.
BASIC SALARY: £60,000 - £70,000 dependent on experience
· Bonus Scheme
· Employer Pension
· Life Assurance
· 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
LOCATION: This is a home based role, so you could be located anywhere, but you will be expected to visit the office if required.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Nottingham, Manchester, Birmingham, Northampton, Newcastle, London, Bristol, Stoke, Leeds, Luton, Norwich
JOB DESCRIPTION: Innovation Engineer / Head of Design / Senior Design Engineer
A more detailed brief will be made available to those who are shortlisted but for this strategic role, you will:
· Design and develop packaging automation for new Innovation's.
· Working with a defined standard drawing structure
· Complete documentation on time update changes during the pilot testing
· Assist in the testing of pilot machines to ensure they meet the given URS.
· Produce and manage bills of materials for new projects.
· Home based role
· International travel
We were recently purchased by an American company who have taken us to a new Global level and have moved us into a brand-new facility. For this Innovation Engineer role, you'll be home based and expected to visit the office if required. The majority of our work is UK based, however, there will be some European and Global travel required.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Innovation Engineer / Head of Design / Senior Design Engineer
· Vast experience in automation design/software and packaging machinery/equipment.
· You will need to have skills that include Robotics, Automation, Servo Motors, Mechanical Design and some Controls design that will include PLC Programming, Instrumentation, Inventor and/or SolidWorks design, simulation software and paper-based material handling.
· Any knowledge of simulation software would of particular interest.
· Experience of packaging equipment working with KUKA robotics would be advantageous.
· Ability to read and interpret mechanical plans and electrical schematics.
· Experience in paper-based material packaging automation with an appetite and mindset to think outside the box and create innovative solutions for packaging automation of tomorrow.
· Able to operate on own initiative and proven ability leading problem-solving teams.
We provide bespoke solutions to automated packaging systems. Supplying into a variety of manufacturers, warehouse and factories within food, FMCG, distribution, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and consumer goods.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a global organisation, offering both career opportunities in the UK, but also globally.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Head of Design, Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Innovation Engineer, Senior Designer - PPMA, process machinery, robotics, automation, material handling, corrugated.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: IP6225, Wallace Hind Selection