A Senior QS role has become live for an international prestigious construction consultancy client based in London.
A truly excellent role for a candidate wishing to join the company on a Permanent basis.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor is responsible for leading all commercial aspects of the project, providing commercial support and advice to the team to aid decision making, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with the contractual requirements.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will monitor contract progress against the agreed programmes, control costs against agreed budgets/end cost forecasts, prepare and agree interim valuations and final accounts, prepare and agree any necessary claims for reimbursements and for loss and expense and will liaise the customers and third parties on all commercial matters.
It is the Senior Quantity Surveyors responsibility to evaluate potential implications for dispute resolution and to contribute and develop as appropriate quality, health & safety, welfare and risks in accordance with the companies’ management systems.
- Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for budgets.
- Ensure sub-contractors are pre-qualified in accordance with management systems.
- Procurement of Sub-Contractors and preparation of Sub-Contractor order documentation.
- Assessing and certification of sub-contractor interim payments and ensuring required Payer / Pay-less notices as issued.
- Advising on a range of legal and contractual issues and identification and management of commercial risks.
- Production and presentation of monthly Cost Value Reconciliation on projects.
- Establish, maintain and enhance effective working relationships.
- Plan, allocate and evaluate work carried out by teams, individuals and self.
- Assist in managing the Commercial team and supervise and mentor Quantity Surveyors.
- Ensure effective interaction between the commercial and operational site teams.
- Degree Qualified
- Construction Experience on Tunneling / Road - 10years + experience ideally
- Good knowledge of construction contracts particularly the JCT & NEC Forms of Contract
- Sound Commercial Awareness
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- High levels of organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent numerical, IT and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast moving Environment
- Ability to work on initiative with minimum supervision
- Ability to travel frequently to Site, as and when required