Our client is a leading Offsite Construction specialist requiring no introduction. Together we are actively looking for a Pre Construction Design Manager to work as part of a crack Bid Team at their East Midlands HQ. You will work on bids across multiple sectors ranging from £10 - 50m in value. You will work with several Technical Managers and will report into the Pre Construction Director. This is a profile position that will involve significant client facing work.
Preconstruction Design Manager Responsibilities:
- Review and dissect D&B tenders with internal and external teams.
- Feasibility analysis.
- Reviewing scope of works and programme targets.
- Value engineering for materials.
- Producing design proposals and methodologies – including design programmes, schedules etc.
- Managing design risk – with particular reference to buildability, programme, relevant statutory, quality and environmental requirements.
- Bid presentation - delivering a pitch.
Preconstruction Design Manager experience required:
- Minimum 10 yearsCconstruction industry experience.
- Minimum 4 years Pre Construction Design Manager experience.
- BSc in Construction Management or similar.
- Experience of large tenders up to £50m.
- Excellent client facing skills.