We are seeking a maintenance operative to work on a part time, permanent basis for a luxury student accommodation provider based in Exeter. You will be responsible for completing general maintenance checks as included below:
This position will work across two of our clients sites, based very close to each other in central Exeter.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a proactive and friendly team that offers a variation of duties each day.
This position involves working 30 Hours per week, Monday - Friday. We can offer flexibility with working days/start times, please get in touch for further details
We are looking for somebody to start As soon as Possible as the Interviews are taking place the week commencing 10th August
- To maintain a clean site and be responsible for reactive maintenance repairs i.e. plumbing or heating issues
- Use the Maintenance Reporting System to ensure everything is logged and updated
- To keep a log of reported defects and remedial actions undertaken and escalate requests for external contractors to attend to repairs
- Carry out regular testing of fire alarm and emergency lighting systems
- To ensure the security of the properties, including fitting new locks and fixing/adjusting doors and windows.
- To make safe any broken glazing
- Carry out Portable Appliance Testing
- Ad hoc maintenance works as and when required
For this position we are seeking the following:
- Proactive approach and able to work on own initiative
- The ability to multi task and think on your feet
- Experience of working in a similar role (qualifications desirable but not essential)
- Reliable and the able to work to deadlines
- Friendly and approachable manner