We are looking for an experienced Production Manager who has experience working for a Biotechnology company.
Are you an experienced Production Manager who has experience in coordinating the production of in-house products from raw material production to purification and conjugation – ensuring timely final stock entry?
Have you used innovative methods to improve time efficiency in the team at reduced costs whilst maintaining or improving quality to our customers?
Do you have experience with the direct supervision of tissue culture team and supervisor of the down-stream processing team including bulk production?
- Management of the tissue culture team
- Management of the Production Supervisor
- Management of the Senior Antibody Production Specialist
- Day to day running of the culture lab and generation of raw material in a timely manner
- Develop innovation within the teams to improve costs and quality
- Other responsibilities including but not limited to CAPA reporting for the culture team; direct liaison with Production Planner for workload priorties
- Receipt of new cell lines from suppliers including gathering customs documentation as required
- Monoclonal antibody production (hybridoma growth and purification) experience in an industrial setting required
- Line management experience
- Independent thinking and innovation experience
- Knowledge of a quality system
- Excellent communication skills
- Be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in biological sciences
- Have a strong background in cell culture, with specific experience in hybridoma culture and cell bank production
- Have good scientific knowledge and experience of antibody production processing; Protein purification by Protein A and Protein G; ion exchange chromatography and SDS-Page are required.
- (Experience in Western blotting, ELISA, Immunohistochemistry and Flow Cytometry would be advantageous)
- Have managed people in a commercial production environment for a minimum of two years
- Be experienced working in an ISO 9001 certified business (or similar)
- Experience of ERP systems, preferably SAP, would be advantageous but is not essential