Senior Estimator – St Helens – External + Roofing Contractor – Rainscreen Cladding Experience a Must
My client is renowned as one of the UK’s leading complete external building envelope and roofing contractors, offering a complete turnkey service of design, installation and project management. They work closely with a number of well renowned main contractors on projects UK wide
They have an established reputation for being master craftsmen in the use of traditional metal products such as zinc, copper and stainless steel, and they have extended their skills and expertise to cover the whole of the external building envelope.
Main Purpose of the job:
To assist and produce priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitively priced and returned within deadlines. Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations and provide clearly identified price build-ups to the Contract team.
The post holder will:
- When tenders arrive, assess the type of tender, client and closing date of tender to determine prioritisation of all tenders
- Review and assess tenders ensuring all tender documents are received and are correct
- Review tender documents assessing scope risks involved, tender complexity and provide feedback to the Commercial Director.
- In-conjunction with Quantity Surveyor, conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents.
- Delegate activities to the Quantity Surveyor.
- Calculate and prepare quantities in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor.
- Compile letter of offer, tender schedules, program and other items required by the tender.
- Once tender is completed incorporate all relevant details, forward to Estimating Director for review and approval prior to submission.
- Liaise with client on an on-going basis to determine progress of tender.
- Compile relevant tender information into Estimating Software and estimate price.
- Make tender amendments where applicable utilising client feedback on submitted tender.
- Maintain sound and cooperative working relationship with existing clients
- As required attend and participate at Industry functions
- The post holder will also undertake any other duties as required
In addition to the above duties, all staff are required to:
- Undertake appropriate training and staff development as required
- Adhere to all company’s policies and procedures, including Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety.
- Respect confidentiality: all confidential information should be kept in confidence and not released to unauthorised persons.
- Participate in the company’s Performance Review and Development Scheme.
- Adhere to Company’s environmental policy and guidelines and undertake tasks in a sustainable manner
- CSCS – Yellow Visitors Card
- Degree or Higher National Certificate in Construction/Building, or equivalent ideal
- Previous estimating experience of at least 3 years.
Experience and Knowledge
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities
- Project range will be between £500k and £5m project,
- Focus on rainscreen cladding.
- Knowledge of building, material components, building regulations, estimating (including taking off) and H&S
Hours: Full-time (Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm)
Working times are provided as an indication of your normal working pattern. However, flexibility is an essential part of any post (and therefore a requirement of any post holder) and, in order to meet the needs of the Company, these times may be adjusted. Reasonable notice would be given.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.