Who are they?
Main contractor based in Hertfordshire who undertake all types of work from single storey extensions to complex design and build projects.
Who are they looking for?
An experienced QS capable of running multiple jobs. You must be capable of being responsible for the day to day cost of running of projects ranging in value from £50,000 to £3 million.
- 5+ years’ experience
- Main contractor background
- Experience in some of following sectors; health, education, commercial, new build, design & build, education
What do they want me to do?
The usual stuff. Including but not limited to;
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
- Measure and value the work done on site
- Value subcontractors work
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- Write extension of time letters
What’s in it for me?
Competitive salary (£45 – 60k pa BOE) plus company car and pension.